HEAD OF DESIGN
HIGH MOBILITY is an innovative, award-winning platform company that is designed to bring IoT services into cars through a simple, universal API. We act as a virtual carmaker that offers 3rd party developers access to car’s interfaces through a set of SDKs, and with the possibility to bring new digital services to life with real carmakers through our intergrations.
Our Product Design Team is being built up from ground up. The team will have the task to become the driving force behind defining what the best user experience for a connected car platform should be and how it can be tailored to various use cases. As Head of Design, you drive how we deliver this digital user experience to our users - the developer community and the specialists in the car industry. You will lead our design function; empowering and coaching our designers. You will drive our product design vision, scale design processes and strive for cutting-edge user experience.
This role will be based in Berlin (GER) or Milan (ITA).
- Provide guidance and continuously improve the design process following a user-centric and business-oriented approach;
- Develop and evangelize for an impactful and scalable design vision;
- Define problems & goals, execute hands-on if necessary;
- Discuss the briefs, business objectives and requirements of the job with the team;
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure that product development and delivery is consistent with our customer insights and vision;
- Keep track of all product initiatives and support delivery of simple, high-quality and consistent solutions that lead to real business results;
- Creating and evolving HIGH MOBILITY style guide;
- Working collaboratively with designers and software developers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- You hold a degree in Design (Product / Graphic / Interaction, or equivalent);
- Experience in hiring, managing and mentoring a design team;
- Experience in the senior domain of product design, having shipped both mobile and web based products;
- Attention to detail;
- A creative mindset, up-to-date software knowledge;
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience;
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time;
- At home with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Experience Design CC);
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles;
- Solution oriented creative thinker.
- Passion and commitment to product excellence;
- A professional and efficient approach to time, cost and deadlines;
- Ability to understand and discuss technical topics, requirements, and limitations related to software development;
- Track record or ambition for high quality work (please include links or examples);
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience;
- Extremely driven and self-motivated.
What we offer
We offer exciting work content (actually, a job that is never boring) and the opportunity to raise the bar for experiencing the future along with the chance to being part in shaping the automotive industry's transition into the digital era. You will be able to take as much lead as you want. We offer individual responsibility and a great work-life balance. By joining our team you have the unique opportunity to influence all of our processes hands-on. We offer you a company culture focused on personal excellence and development of new skills with competitive compensation for your time and craft. Plus, probably many more things that are natural to us but not obvious in other companies.
Please apply with your (English) CV, work samples and a short personal introduction.
Equal Opportunity Disclaimer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.