Software Engineer (Elixir)
HIGH MOBILITY is an innovative, award-winning platform company that is designed to bring IoT services into cars through a simple, universal API. We act as a virtual carmaker that offers 3rd party developers access to car’s interfaces through a set of SDKs, and with the possibility to bring new digital services to life with real carmakers through our intergrations.
As a Software Engineer you will work with our Elixir software stacks. You will solve complex problems and develop elegant solutions for our production backend system and dip your toes into embedded prototyping with Elixir.
This role will be based in either Berlin (GER) or Tallinn (EST).
- You have years of experience of software development with languages such as C to Python, Ruby or Go (experience with Elixir a must, but not working experience)
- You carefully select the right tools before jumping head first into writing code
- SQL, NoSQL, JWT, DNS, DevOps, string theory, you got the basics covered
- You are very serious about doing things right whilst staying humble.
- You can describe technical problems in simple terms and offer solutions
- You spot danger zones early on and take action
- Extremely driven and self-motivated.
What would be ideal
(but hey no one's perfect)
- You have already been producing and deploying production work in Erlang/OTP or even Elixir
- Embedded development, wireless protocols, Bluetooth Low Energy is something you could have conversations about until early sunrise
- PKI, ECDSA, HMAC is not foreign to you. You have a good understanding of how digital signatures work and the cryptography behind it.
What we offer
We offer exciting work content (actually, a job that is never boring) and the opportunity to raise the bar for experiencing the future along with the chance to being part in shaping the automotive industry's transition into the digital era. You will be able to take as much lead as you want. We offer individual responsibility and a great work-life balance. By joining our team you have the unique opportunity to influence all of our processes hands-on. We offer you a company culture focused on personal excellence and development of new skills with competitive compensation for your time and craft. Plus, probably many more things that are natural to us but not obvious in other companies.
Please apply with your (English) CV, work samples and a short personal introduction.
Equal Opportunity Disclaimer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.