Senior Software Engineer
HIGH ∙ MOBILITY develops extremely great software for fast, secure and simple connectivity in the Internet of Things. Our master domain is the connected car where we believe to become a driver of a successful ecosystem for future automobility. Our team is based in Estonia and Germany from where we lead our international efforts. Our success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our relentless efforts in merging German car engineering culture with Estonian digital nativism. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the next big thing for cars.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be solving our most difficult and complex challenges with elegant solutions written in Elixir. Your turf will be the entire backend system with all its top notch requirements for security, scalability and modularity.
- You have many, many years of experience of software development ranging from languages such as C to Python, Ruby or Go
- You carefully select the right tools before jumping head first into writing code
- SQL, NoSQL, JWT, DNS, DevOps, string theory, you got the basics covered
- You are very serious about doing things right whilst staying humble.
- You can describe technical problems in simple terms and offer solutions
- You spot danger zones early on and take action
- Extremely driven and self-motivated.
What would be ideal
(but hey no one's perfect)
- You have already been producing and deploying production work in Erlang/OTP or even Elixir
- Embedded development, wireless protocols, Bluetooth Low Energy is something you could have conversations about until early sunrise
- PKI, ECDSA, HMAC is not foreign to you. You have a good understanding of how digital signatures work and the cryptography behind it.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options, a lot of responsibility and flexibility on the job, and the great opportunity to be part of a young, but established company in an industry waiting to be transformed. We offer you the chance to take as much lead as you want and to write software that affect many.
We offer you a company culture focused on personal excellence. Have you ever been part of a company that can attract the best talent? It’s refreshing. Up to now, no one from our core team has felt the need to look elsewhere. And they are all world-class. There’s something special about H ∙ M: we think this is the single most valuable asset of this still small company: the hidden rebel inside.
Please apply with your (English) CV and a short Cover Letter.
Equal Opportunity Disclaimer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.